Danville Building & Construction Trades Council
Serving Vermillion County
Operating Engineers LU #841
For information on our Apprenticeship Program contact or visit their website by clicking the link below:
IUOE Local #841
Apprenticeship & Training Center
P.O. Box 146
Universal, IN 47884
Terry Weaver, Training Coordinator
Phone: 765-828-1102 Fax: 765-828-1108
Applications for the apprenticeship program MUST BE PICKED UP :
- In person,
- Only during the month of January each year,
- At the Local 841 Training Center or at any of the three Local 841 Union Halls located in Terre Haute, IN, Vincennes, IN or Oakwood, IL.
The application packet that you will receive is self-explanatory. It includes the application form, release forms, a survey and a list other documents, such as birth certificates, etc., that you will also need to gather and submit.
You will have 30 days to complete the application and return it, along with all other required documents, to the Local 841 Training Center or one of the Local 841 Union Halls.
There are several steps in the application process, including:
- Assessment Test at Ivy Tech College in Terre Haute, IN
- Oral Interview at the Training Center
- 3 Day Evaluation on Equipment at Training Center
- Apprentice Selection for Possible Work Assignment
The applicant must be approved at each step in order to advance in the selection process. Upon completion of each step, you will be notified of your application status.